Tuesday, May 15, 2007

If trailer parks didn't exist would tornadoes exist?

So, I had a very eventful day. Spent the first half of the day in beautiful Shipshewana, Indiana at the flea market. I would have pictures to share, but I forget to bring my camera and my friend not sent me a copy of the one she took. Anyway, I got some plants for the garden and various items of personal decoration for myself. I also had a whole lotta fun with some good (yet nutty) friends of mine. I will post pics when I get them (eh-hem, April?) :)

The second half of the day was spent at the mall with my daughter. Normally, this would have been a ho-hum blogging experience (and heck, maybe it still is), but there were tornado warnings in the area so we had to bunker down in some sort of back alley hallway with a bunch of strangers until the storm passed. I did, however, meet a nice lady from Charlotte, South Carolina.

If I was a good story teller, I would go through all the details of how my husband called me to warn me about the storm just as Macy's announced over the PA that we needed to proceed to the back of the store, etc., etc., etc., but I won't. The whole thing was fairly scary because we were in an unknown area with no windows. All we could hear was hail, wind, and thunder. Personally, I would've felt a lot better at home during the storm. Wow. What is really scary is that this is the most excitement I have had in a while!

On the adoption front: No news. Still waiting on the court date.

2 comments:

April said...

Sure with that friend of yours would send you those pictures! I know if it were me, I would have already sent them twice by now! (no, really, check your in box)

Your mall adventure sounds like great fun! Did you buy anything good?

Deanna said...

Yup, got another blue t-shirt. Since I have decided to only wear variations of sky blue, I need to pump up my wardrobe a bit :)