Thursday, May 17, 2007

Why does belly button lint not match your shirt color?

I am having a blah day. I don't know if it is the weather or my pessimism getting the best of me, but I feel BLAH. As I write this blog it is 9:00pm in Ethiopia. My son is probably in bed right now and I can almost picture him. Almost. Almost was enough for me to hang onto for a while, but today almost is not enough. I have been trying to do things to keep myself busy, but it is impossible for me to get him off my mind today.

I tried going for a walkjogrun, but of course, that just gave me time to think. I tried to take in the nature and even went back at the end of my walkjogrun with my camera. I got some cool pictures, but it still gave me too much time to think. Especially when I took this picture:


That mother swan has been sitting there, patiently, for at least three weeks waiting for her child to arrive. Of course, I couldn't help but be reminded that someone else is sitting in my nest, nurturing my child. That makes me sad, but eternally grateful to whoever it is that is taking care of him for me while I am unable to be there.

Anyway, with my mood the way it is today, do not be surprised if you see another post from me before the day is up.

Oh, by the way, on the adoption front: No news.

No comments: