Monday, June 4, 2007

How do they get deer to cross at the yellow sign?

So, I really have no news whatsoever about my life to share. Considering how mind-numbingly boring life can be, I will spare you the details of laundry, gardening, and other everyday things that I do. I have been thinking a lot about orphanages lately (hmm...wonder why?) and that specifically made me think of my visit to an orphanage in Tanzania in 2005. I met some beautiful children there and thought maybe I could share some of the pictures.

This sweet little girl's name is Tumani (Too-Mine-EE) which mean Hope in Swahili:









Tumani had a really big impact on me. Of course, there were lots more children, all very sweet and equally hard to leave:



On the adoption front: No news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the heck did I miss this post? I check your blog about 10 times per day! Those pictures are so moving and the children are absolutely beautiful, to say the least. I bet you often think about them...

Deanna said...

I think of those children so often and this trip was 2.5 years ago! They had a huge impact on me.