Monday, July 16, 2007

What are preparations A-G?

Well, it has been an emotional weekend, to say the least. James and I came to the conclusion that it is difficult to feel excitement for the upcoming court date with the emotional roller coaster we have been riding on. Don't get me wrong though, we are EXTREMELY happy - just hesitant. Some of you are aware of the outside influences that were delaying our court date. Awareness of these things have put us on the defensive. More to the point, we are scared to let our guard down. However, we were able to put that aside and celebrate a little bit. on Friday. We went to a different Ethiopian restaurant (than our usual) and than we went to purchase Kidus' baby book(s). It was actually a very nice time.

Now, onto my other kid :) She has returned from her mission trip and had a great time. I want to show you what raising a kid in the country can do to your little princess:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad they don't make some sort of "anti-emotion" drug. Oh wait, that's called Prozac...or is it Zanax? :+)
Hang in there. We are steadfastly praying for you!

Love the pictures of "T". Max couldn't believe that a girl would touch a snake. Who's he kidding? He won't even touch one!

Laurzie said...

Congratulations on getting a court date!!! We're on the same journey that you are, but are still waiting for our date to bring our daughter home from Ethiopia. We're hoping it's before the court closures in August & September. Sometimes I wish I could turn off my brain and my heart from all the crazy emotions, worries, fears, anxiety, thrill, eagerness... You know how it goes. I can relate! Anyway, congrats to you!
Blessings,
Laurie Hausam

April said...

Waiting and praying with you...

I have another "princess" picture for you; oh, yeah, I sent it. LOL