Friday, August 10, 2007

What do you plant to grow a seedless watermelon?

Boy, the blogging world has been a little quiet lately...

Some decisions have been made around our house: One, we have decided to stay at the Adoption Associates' guest house. It will be a lot more convenient for us and our guide since we will not be the only family there. And apparently, the guest house we were hoping to stay at had construction going on around it and is difficult to get to by car. Accessing it by car is an important feature for us. We are picky like that...

The second decision is one I personally made: I am not going back to school until January. This was hard for me to decide because I love school. I have really missed it this summer. However, I am sure that after I am home for a week or two with Kidus I will not miss it at all. I was planning on taking only two online classes, but both started while we were in Ethiopia so I would start out the gate a week behind everyone else. Add in jet-lag, post-adoption transisitioning, teenager with a new lease on life (i.e learner's permit) and you got me, crazy as an old wet hen! This is the best decision for everyone, it was just a hard one to make. I am sure Kidus and I can find mind stimulationg things to do during the day :)

And finally, we also received updated measurements for Kidus. He has gained 5.5 lbs bringing him to 19.8lbs. He has also grown 3.5 inches, making him 28 inches long. Pretty healthy gain since April, I think! I checked him out on the CDC growth charts and he is in the 25th percentile. This means that the clothes and diapers we have for him will fit. Praise the Lord!

Only 20 more days!!!

9 comments:

Cori said...

I think that is probably the best choice. That way you two can spend a few months getting to know each other, and developing a routine. Then you can go back to school. And this way, you can have your mommy-son bonding that every parent needs.

BTW, where do you get all the cool and interesting titles for your blog logs??

April said...

Wow, chatty aren't you? LOL Well, I have a post almost done that will knock your socks off it is so exciting!

By the way, nice picture!

April said...

Oh, and Cori, make a blog to I can comment on it. :-)

Deanna said...

Cori,
The titles for my blog mostly come from Google's "Thoughts to Ponder", but some of them are original. Oh yeah, set up a blog so I can comment on it too. :)

April,
I have to be chatty because SOME of my blogging friends choose not to update their blogs very often. I won't name any names...

Ted and Jill said...

It is nice that you update your blog. Gives me something to do since it seems there is NO NEWS to report on our blog. Just doing my best to enjoy following your journey and not obsess about if ours will ever come :)

Anonymous said...

There is an echo on my blog. I'm guilty of not updating it with any new and exciting posts.

I'm glad that you chose the guest house. It will be interesting to see how it works out with another family there. Thanks for being the guinea pig ;+)

I'm sure that your decision for postponing school was difficult for you since I know that you enjoy it. However, your time with Kidus is very special and important. You'll only get those first few moments with him once.

What amazing strides in his growth and development! Such a healthy boy!

Sounds like you are surviving drivers training. I am trying to stay of Battle Creek roads between 4-6pm.

Deanna said...

Jill: I know exactly how you feel. It is STILL difficult for me not to obsess about whether THE DAY will ever come, and we are in the home stretch! People are telling me it will, so I am going to have to take their word for it! ;)

Marissa: It is probably for the best that you stay off the roads in that time. :-)

And yes, you are both guilty of not updating... It is ok to put the boring, monotonous stuff on there. Look at mine!

Denise Bryant said...

I'm looking forward to staying at the guest house and learning from others' experiences there, so I'm happy you're staying there! What are you going to school for?

Deanna said...

Denise: I am going to school for my Psychology degree with the ultimate goal being a Master's in Psychology. I have a few things I want to do when I grow up, but haven't decided what quite yet. For now, the Bachelor's Degree will be helpful on the mission field, allowing me to teach, making me more legitimate to the government, etc.