Saturday, August 18, 2007

Why do they call it quicksand when it sucks you down slowly?

Well, I hate going for too long without updating, so I am here...updating. I really do no t have a lot to share. Still suffering from AIP with PPA. My anxiety increases with each passing day, but I am still able to appear calm on the outside. For now, anyway.

Yesterday, James and I had the pleasure of looking through some of his Grandma's things who passed away a little over a year ago. She had eight children, so they went through everything first, then the grandkids were able to come pick some things out. Grandma was a pack-rat, so there was quite a bit to look through. My favorite thing I found was a prayer tucked inside an old bible. I am convinced she cut it out for me (not really, LOL) because it fits me to a tee! :) Maybe someone else out there can relate:


Lord, keep me from the habit of thinking I must say something on every subject and on every occasion.

Release me from craving to straighten out everybody's affairs.

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details--give me wings to get to the point.

I ask for grace enough to listen to the tales of others' pains. Help me to endure them with patience. But seal my lips on my own aches and pains--they are increasing and my love of rehearsing them is becoming sweeter as the years go by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally it is possible that I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet; I do not want to be a saint--some of them are so hard to live with--but a sour old person is one of the crowning works of the devil.

Give me the ability to see good things in unexpected places, and talents in unexpected people. And, give me, O Lord, the grace to tell them so.

Make me thoughtful, but not moody; helpful, but not bossy. With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity not to use it all--but Thou knowest, Lord, that I want a few friends in the end.

-Author unknown (but it very well could have been me!)


Only 12 more days!! Ahhhh!! :)

8 comments:

April said...

I'll have to print that one out and hang it on the fridge.

Would it be wrong to print extra's to hand out to certain people? Or would it sort of go against what we are praying for?

(come over and see my elephant)

Deanna said...

I think having a few copies on hand is an excellent idea... Wait, maybe that means we shouldn't :-)

Cori said...

It seems amazing to me that Jamie's grandma needed a prayer like that however many years ago, and yet it still applies so much today. I think I will definitely need to have a few copies of that.

Karen said...

Is it a bad thing that that would fit me very well too? :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the prayer! It was so lighthearted and a bit comical but very, very true!

Only 1 week and 4 days left!

Deanna said...

Welcome to the club, Karen! ;)

Denise Bryant said...

I enjoyed reading that prayer!

Anonymous said...

Deanna -

I have a favor to ask. While you are in Ethiopia can you take a picture or two of Mark and my two boys?

Thanks,
Wendy Tanis
wendytanis@yahoo.com