Monday, November 5, 2007

The easiest way to find something lost around the house is to buy a replacement.

Yesterday was Seth's first birthday. I am so happy that we were able to have him home to spoil him rotten for it. We had a great party with lots of family and a few friends. Seth had a BLAST!

I have good news and bad news: The bad news is that Taylor has been sick and we left her in charge of pictures while Seth opened his presents. That means there is one blurry one... The good news is that I had the camera during cake time :) Daddy was in charge of video, so at least we have that.

Here is the cake we ordered:


And the one I made just for Seth:


Here he is deciding if he wants to eat it:


His final decision was made:


And finally, the reason we don't have any picture of the presents (she is gonna kill me for this LOL):


On a side note, the Hahn family (the family we traveled with in Ethiopia) was recently interviewed by their local new s. You can't watch the video, but there is a nice article here:
http://www.nbc25.net/news/news_story.aspx?id=62372

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy 1st Birthday Seth!

Karen said...

Happy 1st birthday, Seth!!

Beth said...

Great pictures! That's awesome about the news article. Thanks for sharing the link.

Denise Bryant said...

Happy 1st birthday, Seth! The cake was very cool!

Ted and Jill said...

Love it!! Happy Birthday buddy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Seth! It looks like Taylor has gotten into mama's Valerian Root!

April said...

I hope Taylor is feeling better! I didn't bring my camera because I figured there would be camera overkill...oops!

That's some messy baby you have there! (My favorite kind!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Seth!! He is so cute!

Linda P.

Ben said...

Happy Birthday to Seth! That's so great that he his home with you guys to celebrate his first birthday.

kikstra said...

Oh, I loooove cake face pictures! Happy Birthday Seth!!!

Nichole said...

The cake picture proves you are a much cooler mom than me. I have never let 1 of my 4 kids eat their own cake. Seth is blessed.