Tuesday, November 27, 2007

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Hello. Remember me? I know, I know... It has been a while since I have posted any kind of an update, but I have to admit that I am sleep deprived. Mind you, I am not whining or even complaining, but I am giving a good excuse as to why I do not sit down here and post very often; not that I needed one... God had a sense of humor when he gave me a child that requires far less sleep than I do. Luckily, He is also giving me the strength and the large amounts of caffeine to persevere through this (hopefully) phase :)

Well, let's start with the exciting news: three families from our agency are on their way to pick up their children. in Ethiopia. Please keep the Voke family, the DeYoung family, and the other DeYoung family in your prayers (No, I don't think they are related). Also, check out their blogs and hopefully we can follow their progress while they are in Ethiopia. Personally, I find it especially exciting because we were able to meet some of these children while we were in Ethiopia.

What have we been up to? Well, for starters, Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We had a nice day. Of course, we have so many things to be thankful for this year that if I posted them all here we would end up with a post longer than my last one :)

Seth has been teething, so he wasn't especially excited to eat that day, but the rest of us had no problem. We had Thanksgiving here at home with my mother and step-father. Taylor is still fighting off that nasty cold she has had forever (she is now on the mend with a good combo of various medications), and when you add in the fact that she is a teenager, Tryptophan, and a full tummy, you get this on Thanksgiving:


I have a personal goal of getting at least ten pictures on this blog of her sleeping. This should not be difficult.

Last night we went to Grandpa and Grandma's house to decorate the Christmas tree. We had fun, but Seth clearly preferred all the musical decorations they have around the house to actually decorating.


Seth is still trying to walk. He can take about four or five steps at a time when he really gets in the groove. I will try to get video and post it later.

8 comments:

Ted and Jill said...

Love your new blog look. Have you ever bought anything from that cafepress site you have?

Karen said...

The blog looks very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing you again next week when we meet and greet the Vokes at the airport!! :-)

Deanna said...

Jill: I just recently purchased some of my own creations, but a few of the designs have been really popular - Especially since it is getting close to Christmas time.

Karen: Looking forward to seeing you, too. It's too bad we did live so far away!

Denise Bryant said...

Nice blog look!! I'm glad you had a happy Thanksgiving!

Denise Bryant said...

I was halfway through the book "Timeline" when Troy had the movie arrive from Netflix and the book was so good I just couldn't resist watching the movie (even though I wasn't done with the book)! The movie was horrible and it made me savor the rest of the book, for sure.

April said...

I'm waiting for the groove video. I unsubscribed you and then resubscribed because even though Day 8 to Seth Kidus is a good read I think I have had enough of it popping up every day. I thought I had done it before so if I did it didn't work.

Karen said...

I might live far away, Deanna, but I'm more than willing to drive to see you once in a while! :-)

Anonymous said...

I really love the new look. I like cafepress, I already purchased some great onesies.. like "Got Injera?", or "Everyone loves an Ethiopian Boy"...etc. Now we just need Tamirat home so that I can put these cute onesies on him :)