Monday, May 21, 2007

Can your face actually freeze while making ugly faces?

Life is a train of moods like a string of beads; and as we pass through them they prove to be many colored lenses, which paint the world their own hue, and each shows us only what lies in its own focus. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson


This is exactly the reason why I decided to study Psychology. It fascinates me that two people can view the exact same event and see it an entirely different way. Not only that, neither view may be correct. How many people actually realize is? How many people believe that everything they see, hear, think, or believe is the absolute truth with no interference? Our baggage (some good and some bad) affect everything we say, do, or hear. God built us this way. God even talks about it in the Bible. Of course, we humans like to think we discovered cognitive thought, but I think we all know who really had His hand in it :-) All very interesting stuff, if you ask me (and since this is my blog and you are reading it, you technically did ask me).

So, why am I thinking about all this "stuff"?
For the last two years I have been volunteering as a mentor at a Women's Center and today was my last day there. I decided that I would retire from there when the baby came home, but honestly, I think I needed a break a while ago. It is exhausting work, mentoring someone with a completely different view on life. I enjoyed my time there, but I am truly happy for the time off. Most people in any type of a ministry need a break from time to time and this was my time.

And for those of you keeping track...

On the adoption front: No News.

No comments: