Tuesday, May 29, 2007

How does Blogger make their money?

Seriously, if anyone knows how Blogger makes their money, I would love to hear it. I have been knocking that question around in my noggin for a little while now... Still, I have nothing.

Well, it is way past my bedtime. I spoke with a new friend and fellow adoptive parent earlier, so my mind is restless. They are preparing to leave for Ethiopia to pick up their son in one short week. I am excited for them (and maybe living vicariously through them- just a little bit, LOL) and of course that makes me think of our eventual trip to Ethiopia. Honestly, the best way I can describe my feelings right now is that it feels like it will never happen. The whole process seems so abstract at this point.

I am thinking of Kidus, how he is, when I will get to meet him, etc. The truth is, I have been kind of at a loss for words lately (a rare occasion if there ever was one) and have had nothing to blog about. My brain has been all Kidus, all the time. And honestly, how much can I really type abou the adoption and lack of info without sounding sad and impatient?

We are getting ready to send some items over to him in Ethiopia. At the suggestion of a wise, (very) soon-to-be-mom, I am sleeping with the little blanket we are sending to Kidus so that our scent will be on it. That may be another reason I cannot sleep: I am sleeping with a blanket that will hopefully be sleeping with my son next week! Wow! Mind boggling...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I should have called you last night! You were awake... So glad you got to talk to another adoptive parent. It is so nice that we have each other! Could you imagine this journey without all these blogs, yahoo groups, and resources?

Denise Bryant said...

I'm sure I will be in your place in a couple of months. Right now I don't know who our daughter is and that is a very odd feeling! But once I see her, it will be very hard to not constantly think of her. I'll pray that God give you peace and that time will just fly!

I love that you're sending him things, I think that's fantastic.