Saturday, June 30, 2007

Why do croutons come in airtight packages? It's just stale bread.

Well, Thursday my friends and family threw Kidus a wonderful baby shower at our church. Of course, Taylor and I accepted all the gifts and hugs on his behalf, but I am sure he would have loved it there. I hope to have more pictures soon (ahem, April?).

One gift that I cannot help but dream about Kidus wearing is his dedication suit (the suit he will wear when he is dedicated at our church). My mother-in-law purchased it for him and it is absolutely beautiful. I think the reason it stands out so much to me is because it will be worn when he is safe at home.

Of course, we received so many wonderful gifts and cards, that I could not even begin to discuss them all. Some of the friends who helped throw the shower were also busy all week long working on Vacation Bible School at our church - Talk about exhausted times two! I am so touched by the outpouring of support from our friends and family. We are truly blessed.

On the adoption front:
I actually have some news! Our caseworker has informed us that the court proceedings have been initiated, but they do not have an exact date yet. I am not sure EXACTLY what this means, but I do know that this means we are no longer at a standstill. We are officially closer to bringing our baby boy home!

6 comments:

kikstra said...

Yippee- we are happy for you- that you have at least some news, and hopefully will get on that plane sometime soon! Sorry you couldn't make it to the picnic today. We'll pray for swift progress for you.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!!!!

Karen said...

That's great news!!! Hopefully you'll get a court date soon, your case will move through without any problems, and you'll be on your way to get your baby!!!

Ted and Jill said...

Keep us posted...you are an inspiration with your patience! Hope to see you soon!

Denise Bryant said...

Yes, I'll be at the meeting on Monday, so I'll meet you then! What a blessing to have a baby shower!!

April said...

That looks like a really great shower!

Maybe someone will send you 46 pictures of it!