Monday, July 9, 2007

If all the world is a stage, where is the audience sitting?

Many of you check this blog as a way to gage my mental health through this very emotionally trying process of waiting for a court date. Well, I have to warn you, as of this morning it is not so good.

As of this morning... we have been waiting on a court date 76 days .

As of this morning... our son is 8 months, 1 week, and 1 day old.

As of this morning... our son has spent 8 months, 1 week, and 1 day not knowing that there are three people who love him enough to lay down their lives for him.

As of this morning... I had my 15th dream in which I had my son in my arms, only to be awoken and have him ripped right back out of my arms.*

As of this morning... I have been asked by 1, 763 people if there is any news.*

As of this morning... I have had to answer no to that question 1,762 times.*

As of this morning... I am raw, moody, and emotional with a very good chance of anger in the forecast.

As of this morning... I have given up on optimism.

*these numbers are estimates, obviously.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Don't give up on your optimistic side, Deanna - I'm sure it'll poke through eventually!!!!

Praying you'll hear good news soon.

Deanna said...

Thanks, Karen. You are an eternal optimist, I can tell :-)

April said...

Well, at least you are brushing up on your math skills! Smile?? I tried.

I don't have any words of wisdom for you but I am feeling for you. Extra prayers for your mental health coming from me.