Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day four of our journey to Seth Kidus

Day four started in the wee hours of the morning (maybe even the night before). This was the night that Seth had a bad cough. No one got a lot of sleep, so when we were getting ready to leave and he was sound asleep, we decided to leave him with the ladies. I really did not want to go, but I did since he was sleeping and it was just a morning trip.

Our first stop was The National Museum, home of Lucy. As I mentioned in a previous post, Lucy was on holiday in the States, so we only got to see her replica. To be honest, if they hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known. It was a nice museum with a lot of interesting info. One of the funny things was that we were there surrounded by other adoptive parents. I think I even saw one or two that I recognized from their blogs. Small world :)

The next stop was a university science museum. This one was a little more fun for me because there were a lot of animals. Of course, James found some friends:



And here he is getting to know them a little better:



We finished both museums in record time because we were all looking forward to getting back to the babies. Seth was in good spirits when we returned, but that changed shortly after dinner. I am still not sure if it was some of the table food we gave him or the fact that we had to switch formulas, but he had horrible gas and a very bad stomach ache. I did bring infant gas relief, so that helped a little, but for the most part we were up all night with him. As difficult as it was, I think that this night really facilitated the bonding process a little more.

Here he is before the stomach ache... I love these pictures of him and his daddy:



Taylor spent a good part of the afternoon visiting with the ladies and learning a little Amharic:



It really is amazing the amount that Geezaish and Hewitt work. Sun up to sun down, they are cooking and cleaning. Here is Geezaish sorting through Barley to pick out the bad ones, then grinding the good ones for homemade beer:



Being in Ethiopia makes you truly grateful for all the conveniences we have in America - and how much we complain!

6 comments:

shelly said...

love your blog, love your pictures, read the anonymous comment from earlier...and I say....raise your son as you want....name him what you want.....and love him ...the way you already are.......Have a great day

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun! Why do people always find monkey's butts fascinating? :+)

Those pictures are priceless of Jamie and Seth!

My husband wants me to start sorting barley and grinding it for beer, too...

April said...

I think those are the nicest pictures of Jamie I have ever seen! I even like the monkey butt one!

I would like Marissa to grind some barley for me too.

Oh, and I have decided to call Seth "Cutie Pie".

Denise Bryant said...

Thank you SO much for posting in such detail. I should print it off and use it as a travel guide when we go. :)

Anonymous said...

April...I'd be happy to sort and grind barley for you if you stomp grapes for wine for me...

Nichole said...

Awesome - Thank you for taking me with you through each day. What an awesome witness to your anonymous reader. Your pure love for Seth Kidus will always shine through.