Sunday, September 16, 2007

To the anonymous commentor...

I guess we kind of open ourselves up to all kinds when we put a blog out there. Either way, I would like to address my anonymous commenter who left a comment on the last post:

Seth means "set apart" in Hebrew. In the Bible, Seth was the third son of Adam and Eve. My son has two names, Seth and Kidus. Seth is the name we gave him and will call him by that until he is old enough to decide for himself if he would like to be referred to as Seth or Kidus. Kidus means "blessed one" in Amharic. You, anonymous poster, need to keep in mind that our son is an Ethiopian American now. That means that he is just as much one as he is the other. He will be raised to celebrate his Christian heritage, his Ethiopian culture, his American culture, and all other things that encompass him. God has blessed us with him and we believe God has "set him apart" for great things.

So, rather than delete your negative comment, I have chosen to educate you instead. I pray that you were able to learn how to be a little more open minded and a little less quick to judge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!