Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Why don't psychics predict the winning lottery numbers and retire?

Apparently I have been tagged, which means that I now need to tell you eight things about myself that you do not already know about me. Thank you, Marissa :) Of course, this may be difficult because since I have started writing this blog I have been pretty much 'no holds barred' on randomly talking about myself. I will give it a shot...

1. I am a psychology student. That isn't the part that you don't know about me, however. The truth is, I am interested in psychology because I am just a teensy bit crazy. Okay, some of you may know this.

2. I have an aversion to all things nail (toe and finger) related. Do not show me your injured fingernail, I may pass out. Just finding a loose nail clipping on the floor will gross me out for weeks. I would rather deal with a deep, bleeding wound then a broken nail. Told ya I was a little crazy.

3. I love to try weird food. Anything odd and I will eat it. I have not found anything yet that I will not try. I do prefer that it be cooked, but the only steadfast requirement I have to date is that the item I am about to eat be dead.

4. I finally finished Harry Potter #7 the other day. Phew! That is the longest it has ever taken me to read a Harry Potter book.

5. I do not like to fly. I do fly, but it usually requires some sort of medication so I can either be asleep or distracted. That is an unfortunate fear for a missionary, huh?

6. I have a tattoo of a scorpion on my back. Yup, I am cool like that :)

7. I am going to bounce off of Marissa's post for this one: I HATE SNOW. If it did not snow all winter long I would be happy. It isn't even the cold that bothers me, I just hate that fluffy, wet, white stuff lying all over the place. I know, I know, I am the Grinch.

8. Until recently I had forgotten a few things about parenting a baby: you do not sleep, you cannot be sick, your house is always a mess, and you (in general) look like crap 99.9% of the time. For some of you this may not be true (God Bless ya!), but it certainly is for me. BUT...I am not complaining. I love having the little guy at home, he is a lot of fun. I am just going to have to learn to function with a baby a little better. It will come, right???

***
By the way, I am going to tag some people to do the same thing I just did in their own blog (so you will all FINALLY post something):
April , Jen, Cori, and Amy

Here are some gratuitous cute kid pics:

Seth being Saint-like (Hey, Kidus does mean Saint)


And here is the picture we decided to use for Taylor's school picture. I think it turned out really nice. She is so photogenic.




The next post I will fill you all in on Seth's various outings since he has been home and also how awesome Taylor's band is doing. Until then...

7 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

You crack me up!

Anonymous said...

OUR LITTLE GUY SURE IS CUTE ISN'T HE? AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL YOUNG LADY ON THE PLANET!!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE SHE TAKES AFTER HER MOTHER......mom

Ted and Jill said...

Beautiful kids! You are very funny!

April said...

Ok, I knew everything about you except maybe the snow part. So, now I know everything there is to know about you. Why do I still find you so interesting???

Now that I have been tagged (never been tagged before) I will have to come up with 8 things about myself. Not sure if I can top the fingernail thing...by the way, I have a hangnail I'd like you to take a look at!

Anonymous said...

Why do all my close friends hate snow so much? Is it because I really like it and you all need an excuse to stay away from me?
Really, how could you not like the stuff? It's white and fluffy and pretty...

Cori said...

I did not know the tattoo thing...interesting...hmmm...tagged, huh, is that like those cute little animals in the wild who are captured and made to give up all their intimate secrets, usually involving something being inserted somewhere...gosh, I really hope this is not like that.

Amy said...

Why is it that all my friends are a little crazy? Is it that like attracts like? Or are ALL people in the world just a little crazy? Or maybe I like to surround myself with people I can compare myself to and feel just a little less crazy?
BTW -- Another little known fact about me that I didn't put on my list -- I actually have two seperate toenails on each of my pinky toes. :)