Thursday, November 15, 2007

If something "goes without saying," why do people still say it?

Nothing too exciting around here these days. Nothing worth blogging about anyway. Since when has that stopped me, you may ask yourself? Since sitting down to blog requires one of two things: giving up my precious few nap times I have to try and make my life sound interesting OR popping in a Teletubbies video when I need a mental health break. LOL. That is what I am doing right now. As I type this I hear "Uh Oh" and "Tubby Toast." Seth LOVES Teletubbies and since he has apparently given up his naps for the upcoming Advent season, I thought maybe he could use some r & r in front of the boob tube. And I could use a little r & r in front of the... What do you call a computer if the TV is "the boob tube?" Any ideas?

I am pretty blessed, though, because even when Seth is lacking sleep and ornery, he still isn't half bad. :) And as long as he keeps sleeping fairly well through the nights (which he has been), I can live with a few days without naps.

He did take a step for the first time yesterday. I am pretty sure it was a step that came from momentum, but a step is a step, right?

Seth enjoys having his hair combed, so I thought I would post a photo showing how much his hair has really grown since we brought him home. He has a little 'fro now and it is ADORABLE.


We finally have a pretty good handle on the hair routine, but the 'fro does require frequent combings to keep it 'fro-ish, so as long as he likes his hair combed, we are okay.

Uh...I don't like to gush or anything, but is this kid cute or what?? ;) Is that an unseemly trait in a parent? The gushing and the going on and on about how cute their kid is?

6 comments:

Our Beautiful Disaster said...

ohhh... I love the little fro!!

Cori said...

If gushing about how cute your kid is is an unseemly trait, then I guess I have that trait too. I really do love the fro!!

kikstra said...

He is so cute, gush all you want!

Karen said...

The only parents that worry me are the ones that can't find anything other than negative stuff about their kids...Which with pre-teens/teens in the house might not be too far from the truth some days...:-) Love the fro!

Denise Bryant said...

Yes, he sure is cute!!!

April said...

Gushing about your kid reminds me of a commercial on The Learning Channel (virtual fist knock for you) Two guys are standing at the urinals and one says to the other "Hey, you want to see something?" cut away to the guy with a black eye and the narrator saying "Not everyone wants to see your baby's pictures."

I do however want to see your baby pictures, so keep them coming.