Tuesday, December 18, 2007

“Cleaning the house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the drive before it has stopped snowing”. - Phyllis Diller

This was a story recently on the local news that was really neat... A guy had been searching for his biological mother for four years and found nothing. When he was finally able to get the correct spelling of her last name, he discovered that he had been working with her all along. How cool is that? You can check out the story here: Son finds birth mom as co-worker

Right now, I am trying to make cookies for some of the people James works with, but I am running into every problem known to man... To be perfectly honest, I prefer cooking a meal to baking. Maybe I should whip up a Chicken Cordon Bleu for them instead :)

We finally got our tree up and decorated. Thank goodness for snow storms. Since the weather got icky on Sunday, everything was canceled and we finally had a free moment to decorate the tree together. Seth was about as impressed with the decorating as you would expect a 13 month old to be. He lit up when we turned on all the lights though - almost as much as the tree itself :) He also has been a perfect gentleman with the ornaments and has not grabbed even one. This may have more to do with the poky-ness of the tree and less to do with his exceptionally good manners. LOL

I am almost done with Christmas shopping. Taylor and I have a few more gifts to pick up on Thursday and then we will be done. Can you believe Christmas is only a week away? Where has this season gone.

My original intention to get as many pictures of Seth on Santa's lap as possible has not worked out. Apparently you have to leave the house in order to get pictures of Santa (I don't do that a whole lot these days). I guess I could just wait until Christmas Eve and catch him when he comes in. I don't think you are supposed to do that, though...

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

I just read that story in the paper tonight! That is so neat about him finding his birth mom. :)

I don't remember how I heard about emailing the blog posts, but I'm glad I did because it's so easy! I have all these high hopes of what I'll accomplish while in Ethiopia, not sure if it'll turn out that way, but I'll try. :)