Friday, December 28, 2007

Wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up.

When the weather outside is frightful... I blog. Here is a taste of what it looks like outside my window right now:


Yuck!

We had a really nice Christmas. Seth was such a trooper. He was on the go from the minute his feet hit the ground that morning. We visit three places on Christmas day: James' mom, my mom, and James' dad. Needless to say, by nighttime we were all exhausted. Nobody was more tired than Seth, but he couldn't have been in a better mood. He LOVED Christmas, but I think that he loved the socializing the best.

Here he is in the chaos of Christmas morning with his cousin, Lincoln:


And here is one of the only times you will see Taylor's nose in a book (she is the black sheep in the family when it comes reading and does not like it):


She had a really nice Christmas, too. She was given a merit scholarship to a well-known fine arts camp this fall (she plays the flute), but she needed to come up with a fair amount to make the difference on tuition (it is quite pricey), so many people gave her a gift to go towards that goal. Thanks to that, she is getting close to the balance already!

Seth is walking all over the place now:

Don't you love the pink slippers? I used to babysit a friend's daughter and I bought her these to use while she was at my house (the floors get cold). I found them the other day and they fit Seth perfectly. I have to say, his dad is not thrilled :)

I hope everyone has a great New Years. We are planning on a nice, quiet, night in (translation: sleep and home improvement projects, not necessarily in that order.)

Please pray for two families that are leaving December 31st to pick up their children from Ethiopia: The Bryant family and The Kikstra family. Godspeed and God bless!

1 comment:

April said...

I like the pink slippers. I need a pair right now, since Michigan is so very cold and we snowbirds aren't used to it.