Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Examine what is said, not who speaks. - Arabian Proverb

Wow, my updates are getting farther apart, aren't they? I honestly do not have a whole lot of new stuff going on. Seth does all kinds of adorable things, but how can I relay every single on of them here? :)

I start school back up this coming Monday. I am taking three classes this semester, which is really difficult for me. I am still tempted to just register for one more and make it full-time. Two of my classes are online, so they will be a lot more work, but worth the extra effort since I will be able to be home with my family. The third one starts next Thursday. It is an evening class, so I won't be leaving the house until 5:30pm, Taylor will put Seth to bed at 7:30pm and I will be home around 9:30pm. Honestly, I was excited at first, but now I am a little nervous. I am sure it will turn out fine, but last time I did school while raising a baby I was 15 years old. Of course, I also did not have a loving and supportive husband and daughter at that time either.

My evening class is a developmental Psychology course, so fully expect to use Seth as guinea pig :) Just kidding...sort of!

He is such a smart and fun little guy. We are all having a great time with him.

I am not sure if I have mentioned this on here before, but James is in the process of adopting Taylor. All our paperwork has been submitted, etc, but now the court has to come do their own inspection/homestudy. Which kind of stinks because the reason we waited until after Seth's adoption was os we could use that homestudy and save time and/pr money. Either way, we are looking forward to the day (soon, hopefully) that we be able to announce that there has been another adoption in our family.

Here are some of the latest pictures.

Hello. My name is Seth Kidus. Some of my favorite pastimes include:

Cuddling in soft blankies...


Putting things in my mouth (even when my mommy doesn't care for me to do that)...
Screaming when I am happy...
And hangin' with my sister (who seems to sleep a lot!)...


Well, Seth is waking up from his nap, so I gotta go.

7 comments:

Karen said...

I'm just glad you haven't stopped updating your blog altogether! :-) Good luck starting your classes back up - I'm sure you'll do fine! It's amazing how much you can get done when you have due dates to work by!

April said...

I can't believe you are going back to school...you are WAY TOO OLD for that. Adults should know better, especially adults with children!

By the way, your baby is cute. :-)

Deanna said...

You know, if I were say, 8 or 9 years older I would have to agree with you, April!

(For all my fellow reader(s), April is starting back to school this January as well. She is studying to be Nurse Ratchet) :-)

Anonymous said...

I am trying to see if I remember some of the things you taught me yesterday. Thanx so much, by the way. I decided to check out your blog. I was hearing about the joys of adoption this morning on radio--I am so glad your family is also part of that joy journey.
Donna

Mindy said...

Good luck with school starting next week! I have to honestly say that I hope I NEVER have to go back to school, five years of college for a degree I don't technically use was enough for me! Seth continues to be such a cutie...especially the one where he screams when he's happy! :)

Jill said...

You are going to have to beat the girls off with a stick when he is a teenager. So darn cute!

Laurzie said...

LOVE the pics! You are amazing to be going back to school -- and, yeah, I think I'd struggle with adding one more to make it full-time, too... And, congrats on the other adoption process, too! That's really wonderful!