Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"If it were not for Thomas Edison, we would all be watching television in the dark." - Michael Landon

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I am a bad blogger. My number of readers has dropped significantly because I am a bad blogger, a has-been. The other day I was talking to my friend April and she told me that the reason I don't have anything to blog about is because this blog has focused around parenting and I feel compelled to only write about that. Here's the sad part: no I don't. I really just don't have anything else interesting to say. :)

I can tell you countless cute stories about Seth...
I can tell you stories about Taylor (she's 15, and would die of embarrassment)...
I can tell you about how my house is always in disarray...
I can tell you about what I have been doing lately (but if you read the last three lines, that pretty much covers it)...
I could tell you about school. Okay, I will do that.

I started my two online classes this Monday. I am taking Biology 101 and Communication 101. Both are required pre-requisite courses that have nothing to do with my degree. Between you, me, and this computer screen, I think that 8 years in the business world should give me an automatic credit for the Communications class, but my college does not see it that way.

The Biology class will probably be more work, but it will also be a little more interesting for me. The instructor is someone I went to school with (she is actually younger than me, which is kind of strange), but I know that she is highly intelligent and I respect her a great deal. That will make the class worthwhile.

Next Tuesday I start my Developmental Psychology class, and I am a little sad that there will be one night a week that I will not be putting Seth to bed, but I am sure we will all adjust to it in no time. One thing I have noticed is that I have all that new-parent guilt all over again. I thought that only happened with your first child, but apparently it reappears if you wait 15 years between them. Maybe I am just neurotic. Maybe? Who am I fooling?

So, there it is in a nutshell. The only other thing I have been working on is my weightless, which I have started chronicling in another blog (you can find that in my profile if you are interested.)

Maybe next time I post I will be able to tell you something about cells :) Just kidding. You think I want fewer readers?

7 comments:

atHisrighthand said...

You are no worse of a blogger than I am. I am horrible and often need my 16 year old to remind me how to do things! I would also imagine your life is pretty busy with your boy... So...
Pictures of your little guy in the post below are awesome!!!!!
Take care and good luck with those classes!
Elise

Chelsea Bergeron said...

Thanks for your mice comments on my blog....I would love to know why your opinion is "jaded" sounds very interesting:) chelseabergeron1403@gmail.com

Denise Bryant said...

I read your blog! What are you going to school for again? That will keep you busy indeed and I'm sure we would all love to read funny stories about Seth. Taylor, too, but I'm sure that's a no-go. :)

Elizabeth said...

I think I would be the one person actually excited to read about cells. But then I am a science nerd.

April said...

I didn't mean to push you into depression about your lack of things to blog about! LOL

Please tell us all about your "house in disarray" (I call mine messy). I would love to know that I'm not the only one living in disarray.

My anatomy instructor said cells are pretty boring so we will just fly through that chapter quickly to get to the good stuff. (I agree) Sorry Elizabeth!

Deanna said...

Okay, I know I have some faithful readers to my blog and thank you all for that. Makes me feel a little more connected to the outside world! :)

Denise: I am going to school for a BS in Psychology.

Laurzie said...

LOL, I just read the title of your post and cracked up. Too funny. :D