Thursday, January 17, 2008

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils." - Louis Hector Berlioz

Cute Seth stories:

Seth's new favorite thing to do is walk around the house yelling (very loudly), (insert cute baby voice here) "TAYLOR! TAYLOR!" It is adorable. Half the time she is at school when he does it, but when she is at home and out of his site, he immediately goes on the prowl, (insert cute baby voice here) "TAYLOR! TAYLOR!"

For the next story I need to give a little background. Our house has a bathroom on our main floor and the laundry/storage room can only be reached by walking through this bathroom. The dog food and water is in that laundry/storage room. While it is daylight and Seth is awake, we keep that bathroom closed most the time because Seth loves to play in the dog food and water. What kid doesn't? At night, it has never been an issue because he refuses to venture very far into the dark without someone beside him. Now the story:

Last night I was in the kitchen taking care of dinner. Seth had his clean jammies on and had just got out of the bath. Taylor was talking on the phone (not that unusual, surprisingly) suddenly I realize that I had not heard Seth in a while. So I look where I last saw him (quietly playing with toys in the next room) and he is not there. I start looking around and find my way back into the laundry/storage room where it is pitch black. There sat Seth, soaked head to toe, beside an empty dog water dish. Apparently I did not do a good enough job washing him and he thought it deserved a do-over. Also, he is no longer afraid of the dark. I guess his curiosity conquered that fear.

Today I am going to the hair salon for the first time since August. I have decided I need a trim and bangs. Last weekend I went out with my good friends Amy, April, and Deena to celebrate Deena's birthday. Deena had her hair cut earlier that week and got bangs. She looked so YOUNG! Not that she normally looks old, but they really looked great. I had been toying with the idea of bangs for a while (admittedly to cover up forehead wrinkles) and once I saw how great Deena's looked, that sealed it. I am totally copying her :) If it looks good, I will post a picture. If not, I will hide for the next year while they grow out.

Oh yeah, and I am so excited about this (proving I may not be a science nerd, but I am a computer nerd): I just ordered a new laptop from Dell. It won't ship until the 29th, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!! It is for school and will be really nice to have around the house. Right now our computer is in the kitchen (because we have a teenager in the house) and if I want to do school work while Seth plays, I have to be in another room. This way I can be right in the room with him. My adult side did win out over my computer nerd side on one thing, however. I choose not to pay the extra $25.00 to make it hot pink. Black is cool too, right?

Side note: for those of you who often wonder what products I use in Seth's hair, I have recently switched to Shea butter and like it so much better. It is really making his hair much healthier and there is no buildup. Plus it is natural, so I don't feel like I am putting a bunch of product in his hair. Last night I put some in and did finger coils after his bath. We were doing it while watching Teletubbies, so I only had as long as the show, meaning I only did half his head. It is kind of a fun bonding experience though. At least for me it is :) I am not sure how well you can see them, but here is a picture:

He looks like a boy who just had to sit through a half an hour of his mom playing with his hair, doesn't he? :-)

4 comments:

April said...

Who is that cute teenager with the new bangs? She is so young and fresh looking!

Too bad she will have a black laptop instead of the cool pink one all the kids are getting these days.

Jill said...

Your bangs look great! And where do you get the shea butter? I will need double I think!

HeatherV said...

Nice hair cut and such cute stories :)

Laurzie said...

You're a hottie!
And, that little photo with the sad face and bruise on his forehead is a killer. But, his hair looks great, too!