Tuesday, February 26, 2008

When cheese gets its picture taken, what does it say?

I wonder if anyone actually reads my blog anymore? I know it has been a while since I have updated, but I needed to get at least one post in so I could give this piece of advice: NEVER take Biology online. There, now you know why I have been absent.

So, here are the things that have been going on around me while I had my nose in a biology book:

Seth got a haircut.

The finished product:
He had a lot of hair! It is so much easier to comb now and looks so healthy. Of course, he was very good while getting his haircut. He did decide at one point he was done, but once I gave him pretty much everything from my purse (keys, phone, mints) he was happy.

The other day, Seth and Daddy went outside to see the horses. They got all bundled up,
Played in the snow a bit,
Watched the horses,
Pet one of the horses,
And fed the horse Seth's mitten.
I guess the horse thought that Elmo looked yummy and just sucked it off of Seth's hand. Don't worry, we got it back. No! Not that way, the horse spit it out :)

Oh, and here is a picture of Taylor hamming it up for the camera in her cheer leading uniform. She just finished a season of competetive cheer and loved it.

And speaking of hammin' it up...Like sister, like brother. "Are you talkin' to me?"
I will try hard not to go so long between updates. Maybe I should post the occasional biology update. Naw, I wouldn't subject my friends and family to that.

22 comments:

Karen said...

I am so sorry you're taking biology online! It sounds absolutely dreadful! (And I've taken my fair share of science/nursing classes - but IN class where you instantaneous gain something through osmosis from just being there...:-)

Thanks for the pictures!

Nichole said...

Seth's haircut looks GREAT! I read your blog. Isn't that enough?

Veronica and John Accornero said...

Great pictures. The last one of Seth is adorable.

Unknown said...

YAY! I love reading your blog, my friend! you always make me laugh. and little mister seth, well--- i want to eat him up every time i see him! he is SOOOOOO cute! taylor looks like she's doing well too. hang in there with the ole bio. steve and i both have degrees in bio. did ya know that? send your questions our way. hehe

HeatherV said...

Such cute pics.

Jill said...

Great to hear how things are going...not sure how you can be such a good mom and do biology! Yuck!

Deanna said...

Karen: Yes, biology online is dreadful! I think maybe I am not absorbing the Biology because my brain already has the highest concentration gradient allowable :)

Nichole: Seth says thank you! (and I LOVE that you read my blog even when I am not updating like I should)

Heather: Do you think that I could come down to Mexico for tutoring? That has got to be an allowable education expense, right?

Veronica & Heather: Thank you!

Jill: The only thing I can say is that God truly blessed me with a wonderful husband. James really picks up the slack when I need extra study time.

April said...

I would like some biology updates please...misery loves company you know!

Cute kids!

Denise Bryant said...

You have horses?!?!?!? When's the next get together at YOUR house?! :)

Anyway, I love that last photo of Seth!

Deanna said...

Sorry, Denise, they are my neighbor's horses. Which is kind of nice, actually. We can look at them and enjoy them, but we don't have to take care of them.

They are Clydesdales. So not really the kind you would ride, unfortunately.

We do need to have a get together at our house this summer, though. Maybe a bonfire. My hubby loves playing with fire.

Denise Bryant said...

Oh, fire is good! :)

Harmonyky said...

Hey Deanna..FYI.. I read your blog too...just made an account so I could start commenting on it :)

Jen..

Deanna said...

Hey Jen, guess I am going to have to stop talking about you on here then! :)

Seriously, it is good to hear from you!

April said...

I would like to say that I am at school right now and decided to manually (lots of work) check on your blog to see if I am missing any exciting happenings and here I find no updates. I am very disappointed. :-(

You should really keep up to date like I do.

Anonymous said...

Please continue to update, as it's my way of keeping track of how everyone is doing and how Seth is progressing. He really is adorable!

Linda P.

Anonymous said...

I like the pictures at the beginning of Seth and the stylist. They look like they coordinated their outfits (his zebra cape/her cheetah(?) shirt). Very "jungle-y".

whatever_heather said...

Great pictures!
I can't get over how cute Seth is!

Betina said...

that picture of your little guy is priceless

Laurzie said...

UGH! Biology! What were you thinking?! That would take the blog out of me, too. But, thanks for the update. Seth's haircut looks wonderful. I've yet to get Ray Ray's cut and I kind of don't want to... Hmmm, I'll have to think on that because Seth looks so cute freshly shorn.

Renee said...

Hi Deanna,
Thanks for your comment on my blog regarding the fundraising. I actually forgot about all that stuff. I clarified on my posts that it was not a fundraiser because we are able to pay for our adoption- which is the case. I just enjoy making the tags and want to use the money towards the adoption. But again thank you .
Renee

Unknown said...

pssst....I still read your blog! I keep checking back for more stories and pictures!

love ya!
heather

Laurzie said...

Still to bogged down to blog???