Monday, June 25, 2007

Are there seeing eye humans for blind dogs?

Whew! It is at least 152 degrees today. My house is built into the side of a hill, so it is pretty cool. Translation: Nothing better to do than get online and blog my little heart away.

We had a garage sale this weekend. All the money raised is going to purchase medicine, books, etc. for the Adera and Oromia Orphanages in Ethiopia. We only had it two days (Friday & Saturday), and relied on signs alone as our advertising medium, but we were able to raise almost $300.00. My husband works at a Pharmaceutical company so we will be able to turn that money into a large amount of children's acetaminophen, cough medicine, etc. God is awesome!



We also had a friend stop by to help and bring us lunch on Saturday. You may recognize her from The Voke's Adoption Journey blog ... maybe you won't since we went incognito most the day :-)


We saw an awesome rainbow as a reminder of how faithful God is (you can read more about it on the Voke's blog). Hopefully you can see it in this photo, but of course pictures do not usually do rainbows the justice they deserve.

We had a great time, but it was a lot of work!

Speaking of work... Our church has Vacation Bible School this week, so I will be away from home not checking my email every second (waiting for news about the adoption). However, it will still be on my mind every second, so have no fear. That reminds me...

On the adoption front: No News.

4 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

That's a lot of money to make at a garage sale! I'm glad you had help! I'm looking forward to meeting both of you!

April said...

Great job on the garage sale! It will be wonderful to get the medicine to the kids!

I hope your VBS goes well. So much will depend on if your director is any good or not! Oh, yeah, and prayer! :-)

Anonymous said...

That's awesome to raise so much money. What a blessing you will be to the orphanage!

The picture turned out good! At least you can tell that there's something in the sky.

Was it really 152 degrees today? That's darn hot! If it is cooler living in the side of a hill, I want to live in a cave.

Deanna said...

Denise: Looking forward to meeting you too!

April: Oh, our VBS director is just wonderful! She is so fantastic I can't even put it into words. Sometimes, I just stand back in awe of how amazing she is :-)

Marissa: Okay, maybe I exaggerated. It may have been only 151 degrees :) I know I have not been blogging like a good little blogger... I guess I haven't had anything earth shattering to share lately. LOL