Monday, December 3, 2007

He who laughs last thinks the slowest.

Last week was difficult for Seth and I. Seth was miserable because he has two more teeth coming in, and well, if you have kids you know how this affects the rest of the family. I felt really bad for him, and his mood was completely uncharacteristic. I was glad when he started to come out of it on Saturday, and I now have my baby back.

We filled out our first post-placement report today. That was a nice jaunt down memory lane. Hard to believe it has been three months. For those of you that don't know, Ethiopia requires post-placement reports at certain intervals: three months after you're home, six months after you get home, one year after you get home, and each year after that until the child reaches the age of 18 years. You also attach eight photos with this short little report and a description of each photo. It is a really great idea because not only is the Ethiopian government able to see how well the children are doing, but the orphanage keeps these on file for the biological family to come and review whenever they like. Seth's uncle assured us that he will be doing this. So, I thought I would share the photos I put in the report. Some you have already seen, but, come on, who wouldn't want to see more Seth? ;-)

***

Meeting family and new friends for the first time at home.

With daddy after a bath at home.
All bundled up with mom at Seth’s first football game.
Seth with his sister (Taylor) at home.
With mom at the zoo, looking at the llamas.
Decorating the Christmas tree with his Grandmother.

Having dinner with Seth’s friend from Adera Orphanage.

The entire family together on the day Seth was officially dedicated (welcomed) into the church.

***

I really do hope that Seth's bio family has a chance to see these reports and finds comfort in them. I know that we are looking forward to going to Ethiopia some day when Seth is older and looking them up.

I am looking forward to the return of the next round of Adoption Associate families who are returning from Ethiopia on Wednesday. Pray they all make it safely and have a nice, relaxing, flight home.

1 comment:

Denise Bryant said...

Those photos show a lot about his life and the milestones since he's been home. I, too, think the post placement reports are a great thing and hope my daughter's family will also look at them. :)