Monday, January 28, 2008

Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

So, I should be studying (I am a good three days behind) but instead I feel like blogging. It has been an interesting few days around here, to say the least.

Last Friday I had a doctor's appointment in the AM, then I was going to run home really quick, pick up Seth, and continue on to an adoption get together. Well, I was just about ready to turn into my driveway when a pick-up truck came around the corner too fast (from the opposite direction) and side swiped me. Luckily, I saw him coming and tried to get over or else he would have hit me head on. The pick-up truck continued a little farther down the road and hit a tree. Both of us were okay, but neither of our vehicles were drivable. Actually, it looks like my vehicle might totaled, but we do not know for sure yet. The kid who hit me was from the Flint area, and a new driver who was not used to driving on snow or dirt roads, so I felt kind of bad for him.

Fast forward 24 hours...

I was very sore, but as far as I could tell, I had no real injuries to speak of. Late Saturday morning I started getting terrible squiggly lines in front of my eyes. They got so bad that I had to let my friend April drive. The squiggly lines went away and were replaced by a headache and dizziness. This was by far the worst headache I have ever had. So, about 3pm I decide to let my husband take me to an urgent care facility to be checked out. That way I won't have to go to the ER in the middle of the night. Well, guess where I ended up anyway? The ER getting a CT Scan (which turned out fine). The doctor thinks that maybe I just had a slight concussion from being jostled around and sent me home with some really good, um I mean, potent drugs :) I spent Sunday in a haze and now I am almost back to normal (whatever that is). I still have a slight headache, a few bruises, and a sore back, but otherwise I am just really happy everything turned out how it did. It could have been worse and I could have had the kids with me. Praise the Lord!

Ironically enough my friend April's vehicle was in a car vs. deer accident just a few days ago. She was thinking clearly enough to get pictures, I was not. Maybe the body shop will email me some so I can post them here. I really like that vehicle (Dodge Durango), so I am hoping she pulls through okay :)

7 comments:

Laurzie said...

Awww, you poor baby! I'm sorry your car got smooshed, too. I'm glad those good drugs did the trick and you're feeling better! Thank God the kids weren't there with you!

Denise Bryant said...

Oh, my, I'm glad you're OK!

Jill said...

So glad you are okay. Scary!

April said...

I'll need to borrow the white car tomorrow for school (since it seems to be our FAMILIES car). LOL

Glad you are feeling better. Hope your car gets better too. My husband is searching all of the junkyards in a 50 mile radius to find pieces and parts to fix mine.

April said...

oops! forgot to click the box

Karen said...

Glad to hear you're okay!!! Sorry to hear about your car though - I cried when my Beetle got deer damage (Post-traumatic stress disorder?? :-)

Missed you on Friday, but hopefully we can get together sometime relatively soon!!?!

Anonymous said...

What a week for car accidents! So glad you're (sort of?) okay!! Again, could be worse. Thank God!